The latest ferry times to and from Horseshoe Bay and Bowen Island are now available until 20 December on the Ferry Times page of this website. Also you can find details of all the businesses on Bowen Island with telephone numbers and other contact details.
There is a lot of accommodation available on Bowen Island during the winter and of course all year round. The most popular time still is the summer but why not rent a cottage or villa and get away from the hustle and bustle of urban life. Most of the properties are fully winterised and some have open fires to warm you.
The luxury apartments and rentals generally have high speed wi-fi and high definition television for all your entertainment and net surfing needs.
See you soon at Bowen Island. Get the latest ferry times here
There are lots of compelling reasons to visit Bowen Island this Summer. If you don’t know Bowen, its just a short ferry ride from Horseshoe Bay just outside of Vancouver BC.
Here are just five (5) of the many many things you can do on Bowen. Enjoy!
1. Hiking in the lust green hills. This island was the home to some of the ‘old growth’ of the North West, but as usual it was pretty much clear cut many years ago. However the new grown covers much of the parkland here so there are plenty of trails to explore and things to see
2. Play a round of golf. Bowen Island is the home to http://www.bowengolf.com a 9-hole golf course in the West Coast rainforest featuring magnificent views of Howe Sound. The course is over 3,00o yards and is a course for any skill level.
3. Visit the many shops and restaurants. Bowen has something foreveryone from Fish and Chips at Doc Morgan’s Pub, pizza and Italian cuisine at Tuscany Pizza, fine dining at Rustique Bistro. Walk along the promenade for ice cream or just visit the many shops of all descriptions.
4. Kayaking and canoeing. Visit the marina to rent your vessel and enjoy the open water.
5. BOWFEST !!! Bowen Island comes alive (traditionally on the last weekend before Labour Day) this year on the 23rd of August. The main event is the parade but there is lots more to see and do. A great day to visit Bowen Island.
If you have other ideas of things to do on Bowen Island then please leave your comments below.